Demonoid Chess Community Forum

Chess for fun, and chess for blood - E. Lasker

#1 2008-04-23 10:42:05

Payback

Administrator

How do you study?

Eklade wrote:

I was wondering what are some of the study methods other people incorporate into their chess routine.

I use PCT or CT-ART (haven't decided which is better. Any suggestions?)

Study openings with MCO or fritz (which I hate. I wish their weren't any chess opening honestly.)

Watch videos. This really helps.

Play tons of blitz, and rather than focus merely on winning I try to focus on creative chess. I'll try unclear ideas and sacrifices to strengthen my chess vision.

And I play correspondence games with my friends.

As far as a strict study plan for getting better...I don't really have one. I've just been inching my way forward over the years. But, now I'd like to break the 2000 mark so I'm studying.

Hi Eklade!
I think I can help You a little, since I'm chess instructor.
First of all ANY PLAYER below 2000 should - in my opinion - play  only symetrical openings as black. reason is simple : You need to know position with symetrical centre, with classical themes before you can go to sicilians, caros and others. All those player 1600 strengtht who play caro, kings indian etc ... This is verry bad, and any strong player will confirm it. Those openings are MUCH complicated strategicly any tacticly.
So first switch to 1..e5 and 1..d5.
Thi is about openings.
If you want to study middlegame i can recommend you one book : Laszlo Polgar's 'Chess middlegames'. It contains couple thousands of middlegame positions (minority attack, sicilian sacrifice on c3 etc) to solve. Polgar included in this book materials which he used with his daughters. This is the best book about chess i bought, and i have couple hundrets
I like idea with CT Art. This program is based on good puzzle book by Blokh. I don't know other sofware You recollect.

De Alto Cedro voy para Marcané
Luego a Cueto voy para Mayarí. ...

Board footer

RSS